Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Contraception Poll

When BGSU experienced it's annual anti-contraception event with Janet Smith (hosted by the Catholic student organization Veritas) I was super interested what kind of birth control readers were using to prevent pregnancy. 

After a month of voting, here are the results:


Photo by nateOne

The pill was the predictable favorite, with "none what-so-ever" coming very closely behind. 

At first I was alarmed, but then I realized (based on the way the question was phrased) this was the only option for male readers. 

And then I realized some readers might be trying to get pregnant. 

And then my ego convinced me after the shit storm caused by my anti-anti-contraception column had the opposition googling me, reading my blog, and voting on my poll.  But typing that now feels a little ridiculous...

Condoms and IUDs were both popular.  And more people used fertility awareness than the implant-- which is understandable, given the price and commitment users must make.

Apparently no one is getting the shot or using a diaphragm anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment