Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Arts and Crafts and Vulvas

Check out Kate Whittle's recipe for crafty feminism over at Unnecessary Innuendo:

So here's my knitted vulva!

It's pocket sized, for your travel convenience!



The pattern, roughly:

With some worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles, I cast on 6 stitches, increase by 2 stitches on every row until I had 14, then K 10, YO 1, K 4.

On the next row, K across. It doesn't show well in the picture, but the yarnover makes the, er, vagina part.
Then decrease by two stitches every row until you've got 7 stitches left and BO.

Single-chain crochet some fuzzy yarn around it for pubes, and crochet a lighter pink for the clit.

I'll be turning this in tomorrow with my paper on DIY feminism for Feminist Theory. My professor will be so enamored with this darling fuzzy vulva that she'll have to give me an A, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment